lazy weekend food ::::
Lazy Saturday, you deserve some lazy breakfast food. There is a little effort needed for prep, but the outcome is simple and doesn’t require much else except hunger to appreciate it.
All my efforts are focused on the food. No more writing. Just eat!
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- fruit compote or jam (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- While oven is preheating, place 2 tablespoons of butter in the 10-inch oven-safe pan into the oven. Allow butter to melt and brown as the oven preheats, watching that it does not burn. If it browns before preheating is done, cover and keep warm on top of oven.
- Mix remaining butter, flour, sugar, salt, milk, and eggs.
- Pour into pre-heated pan and immediately place into oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Top with fruit compote, if using. Serve warm.