i can’t get enough apricots! ::::
Shhh! Quiet! No talking necessary. One: the baby is sleeping and I’m sleep deprived. Two: when you talk, you can’t drink. This is your summer refreshment. No thinking or talking needed.
One year ago: peach leaf crème brûlée
Two years ago: purple potato salad with gorgonzola and bacon
If you want to use the apricot compote for this recipe, the link is here.
apricot-mint fizz recipe
Author: story of a kitchen
Recipe type: drink
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- sprinkle of sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh apricot puree or apricot nectar
- ¼ cup simple syrup (I like my fruit tart, so you may need to adjust this to your liking)*
- 2 drops rosewater
- seltzer to fill a 16 ounce (~480 ml = 2 cup) glass
- Muddle one sprig of mint with sprinkle of sugar in 10 ounce glass. Don't overmuddle as mint will impart a bitter flavor.
- Add apricot puree, simple syrup, rosewater, and ice. Fill with seltzer and stir. Top with small mint sprig.
- Remember the apricot compote I made? If you puree this more or strain it, you have the perfect apricot puree for this drink. Alternatively, you can use store-bought apricot nectar but may need to adjust the sweetness.
* Alternatively, you can also sweeten the drink with apple juice, but the flavor won't be as apricotty.